Thursday 8 February 2018

Catching Up With Bloggy Buddies!

This week has been a bit of a blur ... Not much sewing & my grown up job has been busy, which usually leaves me a bit brain-drained by the time I get home & I veg on the couch to recover. :0) I'm hoping the weekend will bring out my sewing diva. :0)

This week did include some fun Bloggy buddy catch ups, too, which are always enjoyable. First was a lovely relaxing dinner out  ...


Janice & her Sweetie Mick were passing through the area & sprang Chookyblue's daughter Fairy Girl for the evening. Add in the Fabulous Fiona & her Sweetie Dave & my cheeky Beloved Geek Boy & we had a party ... A very low-key one! Tee! Hee! Hee!


My yummy surf n turf dinner ... That I felt a bit ripped off about having to cook myself! :0P It was my first experience with a hot rock meal ... I somehow managed to miss that trend up til now. :0) It was lovely to chat with Janice & Mick ... Who I would never have met without blogging. Thanks for organising us, Janice! (After chatting on blogs for a while, we eventually worked out that Janice's Uncle & Aunt live in the retirement village where I work for my grown up job ... Small world!!)

And although I don't have pictures, I met up again today with the Fabulous Fiona for a relaxing stitching afternoon. Fiona doesn't live far from my grown up job so I toodled over for a catch up. Lots of stitching & chatting ... & some giggling when our FitBits told us it was time we moved ... Which saw us marching up & down Fiona's nice long hallway to do enough steps to satisfy the gadgets. Meanwhile, Fiona's sweet doggy Tarka trotted along at our feet wondering what the crazy humans were up to! :0) How wonderful to have friends who share not only your love of all things fabricky, but who also share your warped sense of humour! Tee! Hee! Hee! Thanks for a fun arvo Fiona!

I began blogging as a way to promote my pattern design business & get my Tag Along Teddies name out in the wider crafting world, but I have gained so much more than that, getting to know clever crafters & stitchers from all corners of the world & even getting to meet some of them in 'real life'. Thank you to all of my lovely Bloggy Buddies for the joy & richness you add to my life. :0)

And on that slightly philosophical note, I think it's time I signed off & went to keep an overdue date with my pillow. I hope you're all having a fantastic week & that your weekend includes lots of fun stuff. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


 


 

7 comments:

Jeanette said...

Looks like a lovely fun dinner out. Always a fun time with Fiona. Hugs,xx

Fiona said...

been a great catchy uppy walky walky week...
Hugz

Cheryll said...

Always makes for a perfect outing... friends & food... xox

Susan said...

Love the idea of walking the hall;
and I'm sure Fairy Girl appreciated a restaurant meal for a change.

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

What a lovely catch up foe you all.

Maria said...

It's fabulous meeting your blogging friends. Looked like a great night out...
I can see Fiona and you walking up and down the hallway. Great fun.

Chookyblue...... said...

great pics.......lovely meals.......i've never done the hot rock thing until we went there either..........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...