Friday 30 June 2017

This, That & OPAM Reminder!!

Well ... Another busy week has gone whizzing by ... And even more scary, another MONTH is coming to an end. EEP! It seems like just last week that we put the Christmas tree away! Before we know it we'll be putting that sucker back up again ... EEEEEEEK!!

So what has been happening around here during that whizzing week. Not much, actually, but it's been busy ... How does that work?!?! Mum & I did take a drive in to Toowoomba yesterday afternoon to check out the Bloom Asia Flip House ... The project we were helping raise money for last year when we hosted our garden party. The reno is now complete & the house will soon go to auction, with all profits going towards setting up a Bloom Asia training centre in Cebu, in the Philippines. 

Yesterday was a special community open house so people who've been involved in the house flip project could take a peek at the finished project. With lots of people milling around in the house it was a bit tricky to take pics, but this is the front of the flip house ...


It looks pretty flash in its new colour scheme of blue/grey & white. If you'd like to see some pics of the inside, pop over HERE. Here's hoping the right buyer comes along & falls in love with the house so a good amount of profit gets passed on to Bloom Asia to expand its wonderful work rescuing girls from horrible circumstances.

I also had a quick catch up with some Brissie friends this week & during a cruise through some of Highfields' fun shops, I finally found some coffee mugs that:
A) Are a pretty colour that fits my kitchen decor;
B) Don't have strange logos or pictures on; &
C) Hold a DECENT amount of hot tea!! 
(No dinkie little cups for me when I need a cuppa! :0) )


A fresh minty green. They're Robert Gordon mugs, so good quality that should last for years.

Our open plan kitchen/dining/lounge room is still the neutral colour it was when we bought the house, but I've added pops of bright red, apple green, aqua & minty green with accessories & appliances. After a catastrophic dishwasher/coffee mug incident late last year (there were multiple mug fatalities, it wasn't pretty! :0) ) I've been keeping an eye out for replacement mugs. Now I can have more friends over for coffee/tea. :0)

That's about it from me ... Except to remind all OPAMers that the end of the month means it's time to update your sidebar lists & email your June tally to me or my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg. Unless I get my butt into gear this afternoon I think I'm finish-less for June ... It really has been a bit of a rough month.

Whatever you're up to today, I hope you're having a good day & wish you a happy & relaxing/productive weekend. The weather man tells me it's gonna get COLD here, so I may just go into hibernation. :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


 


 

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

The Bloom house looks beautiful. Love your new mugs. The colour is pretty. Hope your weekend is fabulous & not too cold. I'm heading to northern NSW to stay overnight & i'll freeze there. Brrr. Hugs,xx

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Pretty mugs! I like mugs for coffee or tea, nice size and not too thick :)
We are enjoying a spell of summer and sun(burn) :)

Michelle Ridgway said...

The house looks wonderful. I do love your pretty minty mugs x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...