Thursday 15 December 2016

Back On The Air -Sort Of!

Hello to all of you out there in blogland! I hope you're all well and not TOO stressed in this crazy-busy part of the year. It seems like every time I turn around we're off to another Christmas event or end of year break up ... I just don't think I can keep up with this wild partying lifestyle! :0)

So ... The saga of the drowned laptop continues! My clever clogs Beloved Geek Boy went scrounging through his pile of computer bits and bobs to put together a desktop computer for me after the sad and accidental drowning of my laptop. All seemed to be coming together ... Until we discovered that the cordless mouse had also left this plane of existence. SIGH! So there had to be a visit paid to the handy Officeworks for a replacement mouse. So now I'm good to go ... Right?!?! Er ... NO!

It seems some of the software is a wee bit lagging in the update arena and it's as slow as a snail on Valium! Seriously ... It's "go-and-make-a-cup-of-tea-then-come-back" slow. It was driving me around the bend! A short drive, some would say. :0) So here I am, back on the trusty iPad trying to learn to use new aps. I am SOOOOOO not a Geek Girl! Tee! Hee! Hee! We'll see how we go.

So ... Last time I dropped in (before the great laptop fiasco!) I told you I was off to the Friday Nighters' Christmas party with a secret Santa giftie in my hot little hand. Well, my Santa-y self didn't stay secret for long cos I needed to take a photo! :0) 


Here is Miss Linda with her lingerie bag ... Though she confessed it will actually be used as a project bag for one of her sewing projects. She was chuffed at it being just the right size, so I was happy it went to a lovely new home. I received a project pouch too ... Of a different variety ... Which I haven't taken a pic of yet - OOPS! :0)

On a non-sewing line, we witnessed something rather special when we enjoyed a barbecue dinner with Mum and Dad while they were house sitting recently. A rather impressive storm dumped on us ... The same storm saw a tornado drop on the little village five minutes from our place, ripping up big old gum trees like they were matchsticks ... Thankfully, it missed our house. So ... Once the rain stopped we headed out onto the verandah and spotted this beauty ...


A double rainbow! It's much softer in the photo than it was in real life ... It was so vibrant that it almost hurt your eyes to look at it. And even though I couldn't get it all in one shot (unless I'd stood on the roof, which seemed inadvisable with lightning still giving the odd flash!) we could see the whole bow of the double rainbow. This was the other end of it ...


Can you see it at the edge of the trees? It really was quite magical ... And it gave us two ends of the rainbow to search for the pot of gold! :0)

That's about it from me for now. I'm hoping to be able to share some more sewing stuff with you after the weekend, when I'm planning to do my usual mad last-minute-giftie-making marathon. :0) you'd think I'd learn to be more organised, right?! NOPE!! :0) Have a fantastic end to your week and amidst the crazy shopping, wrapping, cooking, cleaning, partying and end-of-year madness, I'd encourage you to take some quiet time-out to take a breath, relax and remember the reason for this crazy season ... God's precious gift of His Son. Til next time ...

CHRISTMASSY BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


 


 


 

2 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So good to see you back ....must have been so frustrating 💖💖💖💖

Raewyn said...

How reliant we are on these devices!!! Very cool rainbow pics... Happy Last Minute Sewing :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...