Saturday 21 March 2015

Hello! Hello! Is Anybody Out There?!!

It's been a little while since I've popped in here again ... life sure gets busy, doesn't it?! There's been quite a bit happening in the Meares' Madhouse ... not much of which involved stitching! SIGH!! Weddings (not mine!! :0) ), trips to catch up with friends (YAY!) and birthdays (OK ... one was mine!! EEK!) as well as the usual crazy comings and goings. So I don't really have any progress or finishes pics to share with you ... so I thought I'd share a little decorating update. :0)

Do you remember last year (or the year before??? I've lost track!!) we rescued this old table ...

And refurbished it to look like this ...

It fitted into our old small dining room perfectly ... BUT ... then we moved into our lovely new dream house that was ... well ... BIGGER! Quite a LOT bigger, in fact, than our cosy cottage. :0) And since our new house IS quite a lot bigger, we seem to host quite a few gatherings parties and get-togethers and our rescued table just wasn't big enough. So when my Grandma gave us a house-warming gift, we decided to put it towards a new ... BIGGER ... dining table. We ordered it specially from the same company where we bought the chairs in the photo above, a local Toowoomba company ... we can recommend it. :0)  So now, this is what our dining room looks like ...

Yes, we are the proud owners of a very LONG table and some more chairs. :0) I know ... little things for some, but we creative types get excited over odd things! Tee! Hee! Hee! A few more chairs are still on our save-up-wish-list to have 10 chairs around our 10-seater table.

Do you like the pretty purple flowers from our garden? They're putting on a lovely show in the garden right now. I think they may be Mexican Sage ... but my gardening knowledge is somewhat limited ... I'm just as likely to tell you that the name of a plant is "the pink one" or "the yellow one". Tee! Hee! Hee! Any gardeners out there who can tell me?

Can you see that my little white iron table and chairs set has found a new home too?

Do you like my pretty tablecloth? Mum rescued it from a garage sale for me ... WOO! HOO! :0) It's got a few 'rust' spots on it that I haven't worked out how to remove yet (any tips, ladies??), but I just love the gorgeous crochet lace edge and those flowers are beautifully embroidered. With an afternoon tea with some of my Beloved Geek Boy's family tomorrow arvo, I thought I'd match my pretty tablecloth with our lovely new table ... along with some yummy home-made treats on pretty china and plates ... sounds like a good way to spend a Sunday arvo, really, don't you agree?! :0)

So that's it from me for now ... but I do have some sewing on my "To Do" list this week, so hopefully I'll be able to report back soon with some sewing news. I hope you're all having a lovely weekend and that you have something fun and relaxing on your Sunday agenda. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS
KRIS






5 comments:

Susan In Texas said...

Lovely new table, Kris. I really like that style and it looks very well made, as do the chairs. Enjoy!

Maria said...

Happy Birthday for last Thursday!
Your new dining table looks fabulous with the chairs.
No can't name the purple flower or help with the rust stain in the pretty table cloth.
Enjoy your visit from the family tomorrow.

Elizabeth said...

Love your dining room suite and gorgeous table cloth. I have a plain white linen table cloth that belonged to my late mother and it has some badty rust marks on it too, been there for many years so I very much doubt uf the marks will ever come out

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your new table is beautiful!! Love the sweet vintage cloth too. Well done to Mum xx

Judy S. said...

Nice! Hope you had a fun time with family. Have a Happy Easter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...