Sunday 10 August 2014

Packing/Moving House Philosophical Observation!!

As our house becomes a nest of boxes ... packed and empty ... newspaper, bubble wrap, heavy-duty tape, bags and marker pens (read: ABSOLUTE CHAOS!!!) I have made a philosophical observation ...


BOY! DO I COLLECT A LOT OF THINGS!!!

Tee! Hee! Hee! Not really news to you all, I'm sure, if you've been tagging along here for visits for a while and not really news to me either ... after all ... I ENJOY collecting things! Not only the "having" of the things, but the "process of attaining" the things, whether that be time spent in my sewing room to make pretty dolls, bears or quilts; whether it's an antique shop crawl with my Bestest-Buddy-Since-We-Were-Nine Lynette; or a lets-fill-in-time-on-a-lazy-Sunday with my Beloved Geek Boy. All of my collections have stories to tell ... as well as looking pretty scattered around our home. :0)

But ... it's a bit of a pain in the butt now that we're packing all the collections to move. You see ... I collect ...

... pretty china ... tea cups, trios, teapots, sandwich plates ... if they're pretty, I love to adopt them! :0)

... I collect bottles of all shapes and sizes, but these are some of my favourite ... those cobalt blues and pretty aquas make me swoon! :0)

... old ports ... er ... suitcases, for non-Queenslanders! :0) I just love them! Where have they been? What wonderful adventures have they shared? Who held tightly to their handles as they waited for the bus/train/plane? Oh ...and they're handy for housing another of my collections ...

... BEARS ... of course! :0) Then there's my ever-growing collection of ...

... green Depression Glass ... and we won't even MENTION ...

... my FABRIC stash collection. :0)

I TOLD you I was a collector! Tee! Hee! Hee! The nicest part of my collections, though, is that even though they're a pain to pack, as soon as I start unpacking them and displaying them in our new house, it will very quickly start to feel like ...

HOME! :0)

So ... there's a bit of packing/moving house philosophy for you. I'm not sure it will be very helpful to you if you're packing to move, except to let you know there are other hoarders COLLECTORS out there just like you! Tee! Hee! Hee!

I hope to check back in with you all before next week's big "S" day ... Settlement Day! :0) Then it might be a while before I get to visit you all again while we do the Internet juggle ... since I'm not clever enough to have worked out how to do blog posts from my phone. BLUSH! I hope your weekend is cruising along nicely and that you're managing to enjoy a bit of "ME" time. Right now I'm going to make myself a cuppa (I know that will be a surprise to you all! NOT! ) and then it's back to bubble wrap and boxes for me ... since GB is refusing to be responsible for any of my breakables! :0) Til next time ...

BUBBLE-WRAPPED BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS






10 comments:

KERYN B said...

It will all be worth the effort - moving into that BEAUTIFUL house.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love all your collections....how much fun is it going to be to find new spots in your new home.....xx

Elizabeth said...

Hope all goes well for you in the next couple of weeks. Love your collections, really taken with the green depression glass

Christine said...

Wouldn't help if I popped over to relieve you of some of that clutter? China and glass are such a nuisance to pack...

Hehehe

Cheryll said...

Good luck with your move!

Maria said...

You will enjoy unpacking them and putting them in your dream home..

KimM said...

Oh, how exciting to move into that gorgeous new home. I know it can be a pain to pack….but what a grand time you'll have unpacking, arranging and making your house your HOME.
xxx

Fiona said...

It's going to be fun finding special spots for the collections in the new place...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

All I can say is "hello kindred spirit" and please leave dollies and bears heads out of the bubble wrap they don't like it!!! Lol! Swooning over your gorgeous bits and bobs xx

Polly said...

Collecting is a fun thing for sure...but moving last year was a big eye opener to me...as to how much stuff I had collected over the 37 years of our married life. So, with much deliberation, I downsized our collections by over a half....and you know, life is still great! I am glad I simplified our life this way! Good luck in the move and I hope you don't have any breakage of your lovely favorites!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...