Friday 11 April 2014

Puppy Love & Makings!

You all know that The Quilters Angel at Highfields is referred to by all my family and friends as my "Home-Away-From-Home" ... in fact my Beloved Geek Boy has been heard to mutter under his breath sometimes that I spend MORE time amongst the fabrics there than I do at home! :0) So it will come as no surprise to you to hear that most Thursdays, after I finish my 'grown-up' job as an Administrative Assistant at a retirement village, I head to my HAFH to catch up with the Marvellous Marion and Stupendous Steph ... as I did yesterday.

Not only do I count Marion and Steph amongst my closest group of fantastic friends, as a designer, I find it invaluable to spend time in the shop, listening to the types of projects people are looking for, chatting to stitchers and quilters, seeing what people have made and perusing the new ranges of fabric as they arrive ... and spark new pattern project design ideas! Tee! Hee! Hee! I joke that I spend most of my spare time and play money at The Quilters Angel ... GB says it's my ambition to see if I can get at much fabric in my stash at the shop has! Hmmm ...  it's still cheaper than therapy! :0)

Yesterday when I called in, there was another little 'somebody' hanging out in the back workroom to say hello to ...

... meet the handsome and cuddlesome Axel ... Steph's newest fur-baby. Isn't he just too cute?! :0) He loves to soak up pats and cuddles from everyone who visits ... and my long patchwork skirts are a puppy's delight to hide under ... apparently! :0)

When I could tear myself away from puppy love and cuddles, I headed in to the shop to stock up for the weekend ... for the first time in WEEKS I have a WHOLE WEEKEND AT HOME! Woo! Hoo!!! BLISS!! There are the usual 'grown-up' chores to do, but after that ... I'm going to light up the oil burner, find some Cool Jazz to listen to and SEW!! Here's what I brought home to play with ...

... some French-themed fabrics and some spots to pair with some stitcheries/appliqués that I started to play with some time ago and never quite got around to finishing ... OOPS! One of the Friday night Sit N Sew gals spotted the stitcheries and is now nagging me to get myself organised and finish the projects and write the pattern so SHE can make this simple, pretty but practical project ... stay tuned! :0) I've also brought home a scallop ruler to play with after Linda Blake showed us all how to use it at Girls Stitch In ... they are MAGIC!! And Marion and Steph now have them back in stock, so pop across to their web site or phone them to get one of these clever and handy rulers for yourself.

So ... that's what I'll be playing with in my sewing room this weekend. Are you planning some quality lock-yourself-in-the-sewing-room time this weekend?? What are YOU hoping to work on?? It's always so interesting to see the wide variety of projects being played with in blogland. Well ... whatever you're up to this weekend, I hope it also includes some kick-back-and-relax time for you to enjoy. I'll be back soon to share some pics of what I do with the fabrics above. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS



4 comments:

Maria said...

Oh I thought the fur baby was yours when I saw the photo.. He is very cute...
Have a fabulous weekend....

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

What a cutie...love fur babies...you have a great weekend playing with those toys...

Fiona said...

Have a lovely weekend, can't wait to see what you make with all that...
Hugz

Narelle said...

Those browns and pinks look delish!
Love the little furry cutie :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...