Tuesday 18 March 2014

Blessed!!

That's how I'm feeling this week! A huge and heartfelt ...

THANK YOU!

... to all of you lovely blogging buddies who have left comments, sent emails or sent text messages after hearing of Wombat going to doggy heaven. I've cried, I've sniffled, I've giggled, I've bawled ... I've single-handedly kept the tissue company in business! ... and I've been absolutely SMOTHERED in friendship, love, support and cyber hugs. Thank you! For those of you who left me a comment on my tribute to Wombat post, I'm intending to email you personally ... the week has just got away from me a bit.

Now, amidst the sadness of Wombat leaving us, there have been some wonderful things happening to make me feel truly blessed. One was the opportunity to spend last Friday in Brisbane with my Bestest-Buddy-Since-We-Were-Nine Lynette enjoying a play date. This was our first for the year and we'd REALLY been hanging out for it!

Now, a play date isn't a TRUE play date without a yummy lunch ... and a photo of Lynette! :0) Lynette is convinced that all of my blogging buddies will think that all she does is sip iced tea or coffee and gobble yummy lunches, cos there are so many photos on my blog of her doing just that! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Like this one! :0) Doesn't that little parcel on her plate look intriguing? Inside (she tells me!) was a mushroom and potato risotto kind of mix. I forgot to take a photo of my lunch ... I had a  chicken Caesar  wrap ... something light so I could fit dessert in! :0)

After lunch, we went exploring in Newfarm ... a part of Brisbane I am not familiar with and hadn't visited for over 20 years. Surprisingly (NOT!!) a LOT had changed!! What had once been dockside and industrial warehouses have been converted into HUNDREDS of inner-city units and apartment complexes. Very convenient for those who work in the city, I'm sure, but I don't think I'd cope with how built in everything was!

Another regular feature of our play dates is a visit to an antique shop ... or two! :0) The first place we stopped was in the running for DUSTIEST shop EVER!! We had to wash our hands when we were finished!! ERK! But ... I did manage to find a treasure or two ...

This was my favourite find ... something to add to my green Depression Glass collection. Being of Scottish descent, I LOVE the thistle emblem, so just had to adopt this little dish. Which turned out to be perfect for ...

... holding a special treat that also touched my heart. Two of the guys I work with knew that I was feeling a bit blue with Wombat's loss ... and decided to cheer me up a little with two blooms from our village rose garden (on my desk at work, so no pic) and two Turkish Delight bars ... because they know it's one of my favourite sweetie treaties. Wasn't that thoughtful!! I joke that it's like having two younger brothers at work, but they really are wonderful blokes and I feel blessed to work somewhere where the staff are like family.

So I'm now off to enjoy a cup of Rose and French Vanilla scented tea with one of my cheer up treats. Yep ... I am feeling very cared for and very blessed this week over the top of my sadness ... thank you to you all!   Til next time ...

BIG BLESSED BEAR HUGS!!!

CHEERS!
KRIS



4 comments:

KimM said...

What a lovely post. I'm glad you had some uplifting times these past days. Fondly,
Kim

Marilyn said...

Sounds like a lovely time with your "bestest buddy ....." Always good to spend time with besties isnt it. Lovely antique find too.
My comment re Wombat bounced back because it said your box was full so dont know if it ever reached you. Anyway it is in your comments page.
Take care

KERYN B said...

So pleased you had a special visit with a friends, just what you need - love and hugs.

Judy S. said...

Take care, Kris. More hugs, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...