Sunday 23 June 2013

Whirlwind Weekend!

Yep ... that's what we had. You know ... one of those action-packed weekends that happen when you're planning a quiet stay-at-home weekend!! :0) But I'm getting ahead of myself ... let me start at the beginning ...

Friday dawned dull, grey, rainy and FREEZING here on top of our 'hill'. I hate winter!! I know that doesn't surprise you to hear. :0) What better way to spend the day than curled up in a comfy chair in front of a heater with a friend ... STITCHING! :0) I rugged myself up and set off to stitch with ...

... the Fabulous Fiona! Here she is showing off some lovely redwork that she was working on. We had a very enjoyable day of relaxing, chatting, lunching and sipping cuppas ...

And I could feel nothing but welcome when this is what my cuppa looked like! :0) Thanks for a lovely day, Fiona

Now, my stitching time at Fiona's place was well spent, stitching down the binding on the "Wrapped In Love" quilt that I made for my Mum's friend. It was all finished ...

Here it is ... with my little fingers gripping the corners ... but at least you can't see my ugg boots peeking out the bottom! :0) 

And it was fortunate that I had finished this special quilt, because I received an email from Mum first thing Saturday morning to say that her friend, Pauline, was to start her chemotherapy this coming week ... a week earlier than originally planned. I REALLY wanted this quilt to be ready for it's comforting duty. How were we to get it to Mundubbera before Tuesday ... mail wouldn't do the job. My Beloved Geek Boy just shrugged and said ... "Road trip." Have I mentioned that I really love my man! :0) So ... a few things got tossed into overnight bags and we hit the road on a four hour trip at lunch time Saturday. Nothing like long-term planning for a trip ... and this was NOTHING like long-term planning! Tee! Hee! Hee!

It was nice to catch up with Mum and Dad ... and it was lovely to see Pauline's face when she received her quilt ...

She loved the quilt and the thoughts behind it. Pauline is the lovely blonde lady in the floral top ... there's Mum on the right and Rosalie (left) and her daughter Cara helped hold up the quilt for a photo. So ... there will be a couple of days for friends and family to sign this quilt with messages of love and encouragement for Pauline to take with her this week when she starts chemo. I'd really appreciate it if you'd keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers in coming weeks, as they have a hard road before them. And thank you all, too, for your lovely comments and feedback on the making of this special quilt. I'll be catching up with my emails and blog comments this week now that we're back from our impromptu road trip. :0)

But ... right now ... I'm a tired little teddy bear and think it's time to keep a date with my neglected pillow. I hope you all had a weekend full of time with family and friends ... don't forget to tell your special someones how much you love them. :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS






5 comments:

Christine M said...

That is such a lovely photo of Fiona. Pauline does look very pleased with her quilt. I'm sure it is going to be a great comfort for her.

Melody said...

How wonderful to have a day with lovely Fiona.

Fiona said...

Road trip... geek boy is a trooper.... wonderful to have got the quilt there in time... of course she loved it...
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a gorgeous photo of Fiona and lucky you to spend the day stitching with her. Your friend's quilt is lovely and she looks thrilled to bits with it....lovely post :)

Chookyblue...... said...

how special you got to deliver the quilt and great she has it before she starts the chemo........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...