Wednesday 1 May 2013

A Sweetie Treatie!!

Happy May Day!! Did you see the faeries around midnight last night? The wee hours of May 1 are one of the travelling times for the Sidhe, according to Celtic mythology ... and it's also a time when the Wild Hunt rides ... hope you DIDN'T see them, cos that would be BAD! :0)

OK ... back from being 'away with the faeries' ... here I am for day three of my personal challenge to find a ...

TREAT

TREASURE

BLESSING


or


MINI-MIRACLE

... in each day for a week. Actually ... I think the biggest challenge isn't finding it, so much as remembering to blog about it! Tee! Hee! Hee! Are you sick of hearing from me this week yet ... or did I scare you off with my belly-dancing photo yesterday ... not for the faint-hearted! Tee! Hee! Hee!

OK ... so today, as you will have gathered from the post title, I'm sharing a sweetie treatie with you all. The weather here on top of our 'hill' is starting to turn cooler (RATS!!) and it's that time of year when I start to go looking for something hot and yummy to warm me up. Today I rummaged through the pantry and found one of my favourite winter treats ... hot chocolate! Now, I'm not usually much of a chocolate fan, but I do like a nice mug of hot chocolate when the weather is cool. My favourite is the white hot chocolate, but it's hard to get the mix for it in my usual supermarket haunts. Another tasty hot choc treat came from a Christmas swap a few years ago ... it was chocolate and candy-cane chips ... YUMMO!! But with neither of those options in the pantry, I settled for Nestle's choc-mint as my TREAT today ...

A pretty green Depression Glass plate, a couple of fresh sprigs of mint from my herb patch and a couple of pieces of yummy slice. And since there's nothing more fun than SHARING treats, treasures, blessings and mini-miracles, I thought I'd share the recipe for this yummy Ginger & Lemon Slice with you, my blogging buddies. It is easy-peasy, super quick and best of all ... DEEEEEEEEEEEELICIOUS!!! :0)


LEMON & GINGER SLICE

Into your favourite mixing bowl pop:

1 cup SR Flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup chopped preserved sweet ginger
1 teaspoon of dried/powdered ginger

Mix all the dry ingredients together. Melt together 125g butter & 1 tablespoon of golden syrup & add to the dry ingredients. Mix it all up well & then pop it into a small, paper-lined slice tray & cook in a moderate oven (I cooked on 100C but my oven cooks really quickly!) until slice is evenly golden & coming away from the sides of the tray a little bit. Leave slice in the tray to cool.

Lemon Icing
Put 1 1/2 cups (approx) icing sugar into a bowl. Add the juice of one lemon & a teaspoon of melted butter. Stir well. Depending on how juicy your lemon is, you will need to add some boiling water to this mixture to get the right consistency. To avoid sloppy icing & the whole ... add more water ... too sloppy ... add more icing sugar ... too glunky ... round-about, just dribble in & stir in a little boiling water at a time. Spread your icing over the slice,  then use a sharp knife to cut into bite-sized squares and Robert's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt ... you've got a Ginger & Lemon sweetie treatie to enjoy with your choice of hot beverage. :0)

There you go ... a TREAT for Wednesday in my week of challenging myself to find a TREAT, TREASURE, BLESSING or MINI-MIRACLE each day. Hope your week is toodling along nicely and that you, too, are finding little splashes of the extraordinary in your ordinary days. :0)

OPAMers ... we've crossed into new month, so don't forget to get your sidebar lists updated and email your April tally through to my gorgeous Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg or me. I can't wait to see the fun projects you've all been creating!! :0) Oh ... I'm still waiting for Karen S to get back to me with a snail mail address so I can send prizes to last month's winners ... Karen, can you please email me ASAP ... THANKS! :0)

Right ... I'm off to get myself organised for belly-dance class ... got my skirt, got my coin belt and got my shimmy all ready! :0) Til next time ...

BELLY-DANCIN' BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS






2 comments:

Mistea said...

That slice sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing.
Enjoy the dancing

Marilyn said...

Yum, wish I had some ginger in the house so I could go make it NOW. Oh well, after next shopping trip will have to do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...