Thursday 14 March 2013

Soothing Sewing!!

Hello there! I feel like I've been a bit out of the blogging loop after a couple of busy weeks. In fact ... I feel a bit out of the loop with life in general ... though some would say that just makes me LOOPY! Tee! Hee! Hee! After a month or more of concentrated effort to design projects for Girls Stitch In, then a busy week at work, followed by some travelling and a mini family reunion to help my Grandma celebrate her 90th birthday ... what I REALLY needed this week was some soothing sewing. You know ... nothing too taxing mentally ... not a project that I had to take notes about as I go along so I can write up the pattern instructions ... not a giftie for someone else ... something simple ... something pretty ... and something just for ME!! :0) So I started to play with this ...

... a "Paris Flea Market" layer cake by Three Sisters that was given to me for Christmas by a sweet friend who had seen me drooling over this yummy range! :0) I'm making up my layer cake into a quilt for our guest room and trying to stick to the K.I.S.S. principal ...

Keep
It
Simple
Stoopid!

Tee! Hee! Hee! I have to keep reminding myself NOT to start planning appliqué or stitcheries ... just to let this gorgeous fabric range shine. Sometimes we can get so caught up in making complicated patterns and adding lots of extras, that we lose the magic of the fabric ... so I'm trying to remember to K.I.S.S. as I go along. :0) It's been a lovely way to enjoy some sewing without stressing ... keeping the FUN factor alive in my creation. What do YOU stitch/sew/work on when you want to de-stress?? Hopefully you're getting to do a bit of that sort of stitching this week! :0)

Alrighty ... I'm off to cut some border strips for this sweet project ... I was smart enough to stock up on some metreage as soon as the WHOLE range arrived at Quilters Angel. :0) And I'm glad I did ... cos Marion said they've already sold out of a couple of fabrics, so ... if you want some of this YUMMY range of fabric for your very own self, pop into the shop, ring or email Marion or Steph ... and let me know what YOU'RE making from my new favourite range. :0)

Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!!

CHEERS!
KRIS

6 comments:

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I sure know what you mean about being LOOPY (meaning me)!! lol!! But, even tho you've been "out of the loop" in blogland, it sounds like life has had some fun hours/days. Those can be good for the memory bank. =)

sewing...and spinning...or other crafting can certainly be soothing to the soul. May you find soothing comfort as you sew your beautiful fabrics.

hugZ,
annie

Christine M said...

Looking forward to seeing what you make Kris. Happy birthday to your Grandma!

Fiona said...

I have a jelly roll.... thanks for the heads up and I will get some extra fabric to finish off a sampler quilt today... see ya later for some lovely stress free stitching xx
Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Anyone can be 'normal' it takes someone special to be loopy :-)
I adore that range too. I have a little stash of it but I am still at the stroking and sighing stage. Lol. Enjoy playing.
Hugs x

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Totally hear you on the struggle with keeping up.... I'm way behind on blogging catch ups, emails and everything else. Sometimes too many things happen at the same time and make life just plain CRAZY!
Enjoy your simple sewing and down time Kris... you deserve it.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Mistea said...

Lovely fabric you have to play with. Keeping the finished product means you get to admire the pretties for a long time too.
Enjoy relaxing with you fabric.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...