Wednesday 11 July 2012

Rainy Mixed Blessings!



Here we are, day two of gloomy, foggy (or more likely very low cloudy!!) weather here on top of our 'hill'. The fog/cloud closes in, wafts away, then closes in again and it has been drizzling on and off ... which all makes for some gloomy grey  ... SIGH! The mixed blessing of this, though, is that the temperatures have been a little higher ... not sure it completely outweighs the grey on the scales, but it's something, I guess! :0)

So what's a gal to do, but ignore all the "should be doing" things on the list and curl up in front of a DVD to stitch ... so that's what I've been doing! :0) Some eps of "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" and this ...

... I've been playing with some Cottage Garden Thread, the 'dusty rose' fabrics I bought recently at Quilters Angel and some more butterflies. I'm enjoying stitching with the variegated CG threads ... not as much stopping and starting to change colours ... can you tell I'm a wee bit lazy?! Tee! Hee! Hee! Oh ... for those who were asking, these 'dusty rose' fabrics are part of the "Olivia" range by Michele D`Amore for Benartex and the CG thread I'm stitching with is "Damask Rose". No sewing this coming weekend due to a parental pop-in to celebrate Dad's birthday and imminent retirement, but hopefully I'll get to do something with my 'dusty rose' fabrics and fluttering butterflies next week ... stay tuned for a new pattern design! :0)

Otherwise ... not much happening at the Meares' Madhouse ... apart from the birthday lunch I mentioned last post (quite a few birthdays in July in our little circle!). I met Lynda and Deb about nine years ago when we were all attending the same belly-dancing class and we quickly hit it off. Though none of us can make it to dance classes anymore, the three of us have formed a tight friendship trio that has outlived the dancing and we usually meet at least once a week at one of our homes for a cuppa, lunch and a catch up. We've laughed together, cried together and helped each other through some rough patches on life's path and I feel very blessed indeed to have these gorgeous goddesses in my life. To celebrate Deb's birthday this year (we don't mention numbers!!!!) we decided to try a new-to-us venue, "The Shingle Inn". I've visited another coffee shop in this franchise and thoroughly enjoyed it. Although the menu wasn't the same (unfortunately!) we all had delicious food ... including home-made waffles all round!!! MMMMMMMMMMM!!!!! WAFFLES!!! Tee! Hee! Hee! We asked a bemused waitress to take a happy snap for us ...

The photo quality isn't great ... it was taken on my phone ... but you can see we were enjoying ourselves and each others' company. Isn't it great to have good friends you can just 'hang out' with?! :0) HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB! And thanks for a lovely afternoon, gals! :0)

OK ... that's it from me today ... I'm off to find my slippies to keep my toesies warm ... the temp seems to be starting to drop and I can see the heater will be employed soon!!! Hope your week is going well so far and that it includes some 'hang out' time with friends. If there ISN'T any 'hang out' time with friends scheduled ... maybe you need to RE-SCHEDULE! Tee! Hee! Hee! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...