Wednesday 12 October 2011

Depression!!

OK ... so maybe I'M not depressed ... but the GLASS is and I was pretty bummed! :0(  Are you confused? Me too most days! :0) Some of you who pop in to visit regularly will no doubt have seen my growing collection of green Depression Glass as I share exciting (to mw anyway!!) new additions. Well ... earlier in the year, you might have seen this photo ...

... some new green Depression Glass treasures for me and some pink for my Bestest-Buddy-Since-We-Were-Nine Lynette. So here is today's photo ...

Can you guess what's wrong with this picture? Besides the fact that those two mini teddy bears look like they're cozying up in a spa! :0) Let me give you a hint ...

Yes, one of the little sherbet/sorbet glasses is broken. SIGH!! No one's fault, just one of those annoying hiccups in the day. I put my water bottle on the hutch to get something out of the fridge, went to pick it back up, my fingers slipped on the plastic surface, it overbalanced and toppled, there was a crash, a tinkle, a little bear flying through the air (the little girl bear had been residing in the now-broken glass!) and it was all over before I could take a breath to swear! Though I confess to managing that AFTERWARDS!!!!!  So ... while not  'depressed' I sure was bummed to lose one of my treasures, especially cos I've been told these little glasses are a bit unusual. SIGH! The only up side here is that I shall now HAVE to spend more time cruising antique stores to try to find a replacement! :0) Funny how my Beloved Geek Boy looked slightly depressed when I pointed that out! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Hopefully ... your week is going a little more smoothly, with less crashes, tinkles and flying bears than mine!! In the meantime, I think I'll go drown my sorrows in a cup of tea. Enjoy the end of your week! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS


9 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Ooooh, I know just how that made you feel....something in the Bible about holding on too tightly to our treasures....can't remember but I'm sure that doesn't help.
When I was helping my Daughter move after the split, I picked up a covered dish she'd gotten from her grandmother. The lid was covered with tape but still fit the dish correctly. She said it was on the fridge and something fell on it but she was going to keep it just like that...
Mama Bear

By Hoki Quilts said...

Bummer! Good luck with your hunt.
hugs - Miche'le

Chookyblue...... said...

bugger..........

Tudy said...

I have some depression glass to but not the same design. I understand how you feel when something gets broken. Not a good feeling but the needed shopping is a good thing.

simplestitches said...

what a bummer!!!
it's like a little bit of history has disappeared....sigh

Anonymous said...

It's terrible when something like that happens. Especially when antiques are that, hard to replace. Hope you find a replacement soon Kris.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

oh bother!!
How 'depressing'... I'd be saying a few naughty washing-the-mouth-out-with-soap kinda words too!!
Well looking on the bright side Kris, good excuse for antique shopping now.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Anonymous said...

ohhh nooo,i hope you find more soon,ohhh myyy

Chocolate Cat said...

Whoops! I always get so cross with myself when something like this happens. Enjoy the hunt for some more treasures!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...