Tuesday 12 January 2010

Lavender Tea, Dilly, Dilly!!


Well ... after my stressful start to this morning and a busy morning at work, I decided that this afternoon was all about relaxing, so I decided to curl up with a cup of lavender tea, a bikkie and a book for a little while. Now, a few of you have expressed some reservations about LAVENDER TEA, so I thought I'd show you what I mean. Here's my little treat just waiting for me ...


A pretty tea cup I got from my dancing buddy Deb for last birthday, my trusty little single serve teapot, lavender tea steeping away, a new packet of lavender tea and ... WHITE Tim Tams! YUMMO!! I discovered these last trip to the grocery store and I LOVE 'EM!! :0) I'm not a real chocolate fan, but LOOOOOOOOVE white chocolate, so these bikkies are just for me!! As to my lavender tea ... it's good quality black tea leaves with dried lavender flowers through it to give it a subtle scent and flavour full of all the WONDERFUL properties of my favourite herb! I stocked up with about four packets while we were away on holidays, because a trip to the Bundaberg area would NOT have been complete without dropping in to visit Helen at Amandine Lavender Farm and Gift Shop!!

We met Helen a few holidays ago when we popped in to check out her GORGEOUS little gift shop and my beloved Geek Boy ended up designing a web site for her. Each time we visit, Helen has added more wonderful gifties to her stock, so there's always lots to look at - all in the lavender-laden air .... AAAAAAAAHHHH!! And one of the new things we discovered Helen had on display this time was ...


A practical, portable advertisement! Tee! Hee! Hee! How COOL is this!! Helen says her little purple car has become a well-known and recognised sight around Bargara and is almost a tourist attraction in it's own right! :0) But no matter HOW much I begged, GB would NOT let me paint bear paw prints all over our little car ... what a spoil sport! Tee! Hee! Hee!

And now that I am feeling a little calmer and more relaxed, I shall go and do a bit of stitching. I have a couple of deadlines looming that I need to get cracking to meet, but HAVE managed to list my first finish for 2010 ... even if it IS a Secret Squirrel project that I can't show you a photo of yet - sorry! :0) Still a couple of places left on Peg's and my OPAM spreadsheet, then we'll close it off and we'll all concentrate of stitching. Hope you're finding some stitching time in your day! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

7 comments:

simplestitches said...

would love to see that car with the painted paw prints...I feel a dare coming on!
How cool would it look?
Julz

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Lavender tea - sounds interesting. Your friend has a lovely shop.
(And you just nicked the nursery rhyme I planned on using when my "lavender bits" were done! Funny!)

ittybittyandpretty said...

it looks so inviting...wish i lived close by :)

ittybittyandpretty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
May Britt said...

Never heard about lavender tea. Is it as good as lavender smells. I have lavender cream and use it very often to relax.

Debbie Lane said...

Stress...now that I know something of! What made u stressed? And yes, thanku God for lavendar.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

What's with GB.... teddy paw prints on the side of the car would be soooooo cute. Tell him its all about marketing!!

Hhmm...what about teddy number plates?? Ohhhh - I know, magnetic signs for the car doors with teddies on them, ooorrrrrr, turn your little car into a teddy. I can see it now Kris, great big teddy bear ears on the roof and a big brown nose on the front. Look out Toowoomba, here comes your very own Teddy Lady. LOL

And to think GB is complaining about a few paw prints...giggle.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...