Saturday 7 November 2009

Return Of The Sewing Mojo!!


Hmmm ... that sounds a little like a bad "B" grade superhero movie title, doesn't it?! In fact, it was a wonderful thing that happened this week - especially wonderful since my sewing machine and needle and thread were starting to feel neglected after three weeks of nothing stitchy happening. I have to say, I've more than made up for that this week, with four finishes already added to my OPAM sidebar list, plus some progress made on another project. The only problem is ... I can't show you any photos cos they're all ...


... Secret Squirrel projects!!! Sorry about that! One I should be able to share in a week or so, once it's winged its way over the border to wish a special someone a belated Happy Birthday! :0) I can't give sneaky peeks, cos I know she visits my blog and I want to keep her in suspenders! Tee! Hee! Hee! So ... instead, I thought I would show you what followed me home from my Home-away-from-home the other day ...


Aren't they pretty! Now these are for a special project that I'm planning ... but I can't tell you what it is!!! I know, I'm a terrible tease ... but at least I'm showing you my pretty fabrics, right?!?! I just love how fresh these colours look together - perfect for summer, wouldn't you say? And look at those cute little bears on the top two fabrics - hard for a bear-addict like me to go past these. I promise to give you a hint about what these yummy fabrics will become as soon as I can.

Oh ... I thought I'd also share a photo with you that I took at work this week. As most of you know, I work four mornings a week as Admin Assistant at a retirement village and we are VERY spoilt with the beautifully landscaped, spacious grounds and gardens, as well as our panoramic views of much of the surrounding area. It seems that no matter what time of year it is, there is SOMETHING gorgeous to admire in our gardens and for the last few weeks, it has been the showy jacarandas. Being a bit of a colour-freak, these trees always grab my attention and this is the one I see as I walk out of my office ...


Don't you just love the combination of the green, purple and blue?! I really am spoilt working where I do! :0)

And now ... I'm heading back to the sewing room. It really does feel WONDERFUL to be sewing again, and better still, to see some FINISHES happening! Hope you're all planning to enjoy a wonderful, relaxing weekend with some time scheduled just for "YOU". Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

8 comments:

Lurline said...

Glad you've had a productive week - mine hasn't been - never mind!That jacaranda is one of the most beautiful I have seen, so thick!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Bearly Sane said...

Love that teddy bear fabric Kris...does it come in pink? Do you have a link or addy you could share?
I'll look forward to seeing the results of this project.
Hugs,
Sandi

Chookyblue...... said...

jacaranda's are one of my favourite trees..........

ittybittyandpretty said...

i love jacarandas, they remind me of toowoomba and test time at uni!
%*_*%

Debbie Lane said...

Oooooo, I'll have the green swirly one please!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Yes I am here.... and also in suspenders [giggle]... guess I will have to be patient!!

Love the jacarandas - always remind me of Darcy Doyle paintings.
Glad you are back in the sewing room.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Ummm... just noticed my word verification is poochew - that can't be good!! LOL

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Yay!! Kris's MOJO is back!!! \o/\o/
Yes, sweets, I love jacarandas too - those colours are spectacular together. :-)

Judy S. said...

How nice to see that jacaranda on this cold and chilly day when our backyard is covered with falling leaves!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...