Thursday 7 August 2008

The Best Intentions ...!

Today, I was going to stitch. I was going to knit. I was going to start working on my bag for Linda's Bag/Bucket Swap. I was going to write the now-overdue Tag Along Teddies web site news letter. And then ...



Uh oh! There go all my good intentions, cos the latest "Homespun" mag appeared in my mailbox and just had too many goodies to ignore! There's a gorgeous bag by Leanne Beasley, a cool lamp shade by Lynette Anderson ... need I say more?!?! All of my good intentions went out the window and I curled up for a little read. Then had to run some errands, and now I have a few minutes at home before ducking out again - oh I do lead such a busy social life!!!! Tee! Hee! Hee! I wish!!

Actually, I've been in non-stitching mode for a few days with neck pain-related headaches kicking in whenever I try to stitch - probably because I have appalling posture and look like the Hunchback of Notre` Dame when I'm concentrating on stitching!!! Last night saw me pick up needle and thread for the first time in about a week, as I braved the ice-box that is my sewing room to trace of Lynette's latest Noah's Ark BOM block and I started stitching ol' Noah's robe as I sat watching "Criminal Minds". At the end of an hour, we'd caught the serial killer and Noah had a robe of blue! Will stitch again tonight whilst helping Bones and Booth solve THEIR latest murder - Elementary, my dear Watson!! :0)

Right now, though, time has ticked away and I have to flit off and run some more errands. Hope you're all keeping warm and busy - unless, like me, the postie left you the latest issue of "Homespun", in which case, I'll sneak off now and stop disturbing your reading!! Til next time - Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

6 comments:

Bek said...

I just looked at your web site and love it. I had no idea you did that:) I now think I know what I will be doing for Christmas gifts this year. I will catch up with you and order some things soon.
I will also be helping Bones and Both tonight while I pipe frosting on my latest batch of cupcakes, will be thinking of you. Brr it is getting cold again.

Anonymous said...

OOOhhh u bad girl! Never mind, I'm sure all the projects will get done...eventually!
Just took part in my first fibre art postcard swap. Excellent fun, u get to make mini-canvases of the theme, and flesh out ideas for big things (like quilts!!)
Going to bed now, am still in the tailend of another bout of flu and don't feel quite the thing at present.
Luv DEB!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Oh Kris, I always have the same problem when a new mag arrives. No matter how hard I try to ignore it with the intention of reading it at a later date, the curiosity always gets the better of me......lol

Enjoy the moment my friend.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Linda said...

Hi Kris,
You had me a bit worried then, I'm hopless at remembering what show is on what day and I love watching Bones but I just checked yahoo and it's not on unless it is only on up there, looks like I might be able to get an early one tonight.
Cheers Linda

Lorraine said...

Yep the Homespun mag did my stitching ideas in as well.....!! I have downloaded the Noah's Ark pattern but haven't traced it off yet....bit slow this week! Hopefully the weekend will see my being more productive! Love the bags from Leanne in the Homespun....might whip up a couple of those on the weekend...LOL - what just the two???

Judy S. said...

I started with Noah also! Guess I'm kind of avoiding that satin stitch on the giraffes or something. I'm waiting till they're all done to add the borders though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...