Friday 22 February 2008

Hey, hey, Mr Postman!

My poor postie has gone home for a cup of tea and a lie down to let his nerves settle, I think, after two VERY exciting packages arrived in my mailbox today!! You know those Gold Lotto ads where the very excitied 'set for life' winners go rushing out to their mailbox?? Well that was me today!! Tee! Hee! Hee! Oh what goodies I found in that little white box! You see, I'd ordered some mini faux cupcakes from Kerryanne at Shabby Art Boutique and some timber buttons from Lisa at Button Bliss. And after much anticipation, they all arrived today!!

I've drooled over Kerryanne's range of faux cakes for quite some time and finally had the excuse I needed to order some - a display of my Tea Party Pals cloth dolls and patterns is coming up at Quilters' World and Kerryanne's goodies are just perfect to help display Cupcake Katie, Tea Cup Tilly and (in the design process!) Berry Basket Bonnie! Have a look and you'll see what I mean!



You can see Tilly and Katie having a 'practice' tea party! If you haven't checked out Kerryanne's FABULOUS range of goodies at Country To The Core and Shabby Art Boutique yet, you really should - but make sure you put a plastic cover over your keyboard for when you start drooling!!

And buttons, buttons, BUTTONS! I've designed a couple of new stitchery projects to feature Lisa's wonderful laser-cut timber buttons, including the "Love Bears All" hanging featured in an earlier post, and now that these goodies have arrived, I can package up the "Love Bears All" card kits ready for sale and get stitching on the prototypes featuring the cheerful yellow daisies and busy bees below.



Both Kerryanne and Lisa received VERY excited emails this afternoon! Tee! Hee! Hee! Will keep you updated on the display and the new stitchery projects!

I also shook off the last of my "Blah!" mood from earlier in the week and slaved over a hot drawing board today. My ironing board used to be the drawing board, as my sewing desk is too crowded, but I've now claimed the office for my designing, as my beloved 'Geek Boy' works on a notebook computer in the lounge room these days and only uses the office as a dumping ground for anything that doesn't have a home. I'm part way through designing the third of my Tea Party Pals dolls, so watch this space for updates, because the fabric I bought for her outfit is GORGEOUS!! It jumped out and said "Take me home!" Tee! Hee! Hee!

Anyway, I think I might follow the example of the postie and have a cup of tea before hitting the sewing machine - I wonder if he'll recover enough by Monday to take to the postie-mobile again??? Tee! Hee! Hee! Poor postie! Have a great weekend, whatever you're doing! Til next time,

CHEERS!
KRIS

1 comment:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Kris,
I think we heard your shreiks of delight all the way down here in Melbourne. I'm glad that you liked your little cuppies. Looks like your dollies do too. What a cute photo!!!

Can't wait to see your next doll design - I'm sure she will be as beautiful as the others.

Chat soon.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...